Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Spider Killer



I have killed at least three spiders in the last week.  I saw the spiders and then I killed them!  I knocked those ugly, hairy creatures into another world.  I don't care what world, just not my world!!  One of the spiders I killed and at the same time saved my daughter from a untimely death.  She owes me!!

I must confess that the spiders I killed were on the small side.  Now the one that I killed for my screaming, jumping up and down daughter was big.  I heard her tell a friend on the phone that it was at least as big as her head!!  : ) One of those spiders had the nerve to run toward me but I struck with a swiftness that probably has not been seen since my ball playing days!

I am really not sure what will happen if I have to kill a giant spider or a fast one. Even worse would be if there are multiple spiders.  I might be a spider killer and I wear that name proudly but if a spider is as big as a human head or even the size of my big toe or can outrun me I will probably revert back to the spider dance.  The one were I scream and yell and jump up and down.  The one that my daughter has learned so well!  I might need help with the big or fast ones!

I think all spiders are evil and just like sin!  Whether sin is big or small it needs to be struck down the instant it is recognized.  The longer sin stays the bigger it grows.  Sin that grows and is let to stay around becomes normal.  It needs to be killed.

I need to treat sin just as I have been treating those spiders that I killed.  The minute sin arrives I need to strike swift and kill it!! I need to be as scared of sin as I am of spiders,especially if sin is in multiples.  I need to have a sin dance.  One where I start dancing as soon as I smell sin!  One similar to the spider dance where I jump up and down, yell and scream.  One where I end up on my knees.  I need to be as afraid of sin as I am of spiders!  Sins bite is far worse than that of a spider.

I  do have a Sin Killer!  I don't have to deal with sin alone.  His name is Jesus and He knocks my sin into another world!!  He takes my sin and cleanses me!  Jesus is my Sin Killer, Lord and Savior! He has given me life now and after death.

Do you know my Sin Killer?

Philippians 3:19-21

New International Version (NIV)
19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.


John 3:16-17

New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

No comments:

Post a Comment