Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another bout of nothing in the mind

The last few weeks I have had a very blank mind.  I have had a few brilliant(of course brilliant) thoughts on the very edge of becoming something written that would cause you to sit back and say wow!  Instead my thoughts turned to mush and a thick blanket of nothing!

My thoughts turned to the last time that my mind was so very blank and I thought of how God had used that time to fill my mind with thoughts of him.  He used that time to remind me that when my mind is blank that maybe He is trying to fill it with the pure, holy sweetness of my Lord.  He used that time to remind me that I need to cleanse my mind daily and fill it with His strength and might!

I tried this again.  I felt nothing.  I cleansed my mind daily but still felt nothing.  I sent up prayers and still felt nothing.  I poured over my Bible but still felt nothing.  Yesterday, though, when reading scripture I was reminded of something.

NOTHING, NO, NOTHING will separate me from God!!! NOT even a mind full of nothing!!

Romans 8:38-39

New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment