Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Cool Breeze

The other day I got into my vehicle after work and it was very hot.  I turned the key and immediately reached down and turned the fan up.  After a few minutes it was still very hot.  I reached down and turned the fan up another notch.  It still didn't get cool.  I could not figure out what was wrong.

I turned all the vents toward me but that didn't help.  It was still hot.  I was almost home when I glanced down and I saw the problem!  The fan was on, but the air condition was off.  I turned it on and within seconds I could feel  the cold air!  It felt so good!!

Sometimes I do this in my life.  I stumble around turning the vents toward me but get nothing but hot air.  I can't figure out what is wrong.  After I realize that everything that I am doing results in hot air I usually discover that I need to turn on the air condition.  Jesus is the Air Condition of my life. Without Him the vents of my life will always blow the wrong way.  He is the cool breeze that brings me back to where I should be!

Is He your cool breeze?

John 1:2-4

New International Version (NIV)
He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.


John 14:6

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.




No comments:

Post a Comment