Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Journey Continues:Options

The results are in from the biopsy.  It is positive for cancer.  Richard and I will meet with the doctor Wednesday at three(blood work at two) to figure out our options.  We had already been told about three different chemo treatments that are available and have showed good results.  It is good to have options and we will have many questions.

Now Richard told me that I didn't have the option to cry.  I beg to differ, unbidden tears spring to my eyes just writing this.  I am a cryer and I really don't have any options but to cry.  I cry when I am happy, sad and sometimes for no reason.  I will try to have options on when I cry.  I will try to not cry in front of my husband and mainly in private but there is no guarantee.  I have told many people that I am not strong despite my tears but because of my tears.  I believe that God gave me the gift of tears.  Somehow no matter how tough things seem I feel better after a good cry.  Maybe my husband could learn from that.

Richard is very strong and he is determined.  He will fight to victory and if you know him you know that he knows that victory is in whatever happens.  Whether he is cured or whether he ends up in heaven that will be his victory.  He is not worried about that but about his family.  His journey with cancer started in 2009 and he has fought for every victory.

Richard's fight with cancer and graft/vs/host reminds me of the fight we struggle with daily.  Just as his cancer  decided to keep coming back so does satin in our spiritual fight.  We make strides and then setbacks.  We struggle daily to defeat the devil.  I need to remember that God is the one to turn to daily.  I can't do this on my own or I don't win.  The devil does.  Remember we all have options!  What about you?  What are your options?

God has given us another gift. The prayers!  Many of you pray daily for us.  Thank-you from the bottom my heart!!


Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, I love you and if there is anything I can do in addition to praying for you, please let me know. You are one of the strongest people I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, love you too! You are quite strong yourself!! :)

      Delete