Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Points for the wrong team?

Many of you  that read my post know that I am a Mama Bear!  Don't mess with my children or you may have to face me.  Sometimes though Mama Bear needs to step back and let the little bears learn a few lessons on their own.

My only child left at home is a very talented young lady in many areas and she loves to play basketball.  The season started Friday and there were several mistakes made.  It reminded me of the time when my number two son was playing.  He was all by himself under the basket and turned as everyone in the crowd yelled at him.  He turned and easily made two points.  It was then he realized that he had just made two points for the other team.  He was embarrassed but there was not a thing he could do.  The deed was done and two points were chalked up for the other team.

At my daughter's game Friday I let my tongue and anger get the best of me.  I thought that maybe she needed to get to play a little more.  I thought maybe the coach should open her eyes.  I said some things that I should have kept to myself and ended up being rude to a young coach.  I started regretting my behavior on the way home but by the next day I knew that I should have kept my mouth shut.  Then on Sunday the preacher's sermon was out of James 3.  It was about the tongue and anger.  I sent an apology by text message that afternoon but the words and the actions could not be taken back.  They had already been said and I realized I had made points for the other team.  Satin's team.  I think  that this time Mama Bear learned a hard lesson!

What about you?  What team are you scoring for??


James 3:9-17

New International Version (NIV)
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Two Kinds of Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment