Monday, November 19, 2012

My daughter's long, horrible, low down rotten day

Saturday was a busy day for my daughter.  She had tryouts for the Red Carpet Honor Band and than later that day a basketball game for the championship of a tournament at her school.  It started out a good day.  She seemed calm, cool and collected.  We left for the tryouts and she seemed good.

The musicians had to go to their stations to get their time.  When my daughter and her friend got to the front to get their times, they were not even on the list.  All at once Sarah was uptight and not so calm, cool and collected. She finally got her number and got to play.

The ball game was later that day and she sat on the bench until the fourth quarter.  I could tell by her face that she was not happy.  She did get to play most of that quarter and she hustled and played well but she still was not happy.

Now this day should have been a very good day for her.  She did make the Honor Band and the team won their game, they are 6 and 0 now.  You would think that this would be a wonderful day full of wins but not in her eyes.  She knows she could have played her flute better.  She was very nervous and her finger's were shaking and she was upset even though the team won.  She wanted more playing time.

As her mother I understand and I hurt for her too.  I want to fix it, I want to help but sometimes she just has to learn on her own.  I had to back off and try to keep my mouth quiet.  It wasn't very easy.  My daughter will have lots of long, horrible, low down rotten days and my hope is that each one will teach her something.  I hope that she will grow because of those days.

There is One though that can calm her and give her a peace that I can not give and that would be Jesus.  He knows all, He comforts His children and helps one through any long, horrible, low down rotten day.


What about you? Do you know His comfort?


Isaiah 66:12-14

New International Version (NIV)
12 For this is what the Lord says:
“I will extend peace to her like a river,
    and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream;
you will nurse and be carried on her arm
    and dandled on her knees.
13 As a mother comforts her child,
    so will I comfort you;
    and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”
14 When you see this, your heart will rejoice
    and you will flourish like grass;
the hand of the Lord will be made known to his servants,
    but his fury will be shown to his foes.







John 14:1-3

New International Version (NIV)
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a];believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

1 comment:

  1. Some comments from facebook:








    Kathy Johnson Brenda this is just excellent. U have such a gift with this blog. Thank you for making my day once again!

    4 hours ago · Like..











    Teresa Lynn Holloway aww us poor mom's can't fix it all

    3 hours ago · Like..











    Betty Goetz Stapleton Spoken like a true Mom ! I know your words all too well. Especially about wanting to fix things and not being able to .... Because that's what moms do, they fix things .

    3 hours ago via mobile · Like..











    Darla Malaska GOOD CHRISTIAN ADVICE, SHE IS SO BLESSED TO HAVE A GODLY MOTHER AND DAD

    ReplyDelete