Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The fire within me

Have you ever had a fire within you?  I have!  This time it ain't been so good.  I have let this fire consume me and move me.  It has spread from deep within me to other areas of my life.  I have allowed something petty to grow, to multiply and affect others.

I finally last night was quiet enough to hear that still, small voice wooing and convicting.  The Holy Spirit was trying to tell me something and I had to settle down to hear.  I had let this issue become top priority and it didn't matter what I was doing, it was the top dog in my mind(what little mind is there).  

That still, small, convicting voice was telling me that if I was to have a fire in me that it should be the fire of Jesus.  The fire within me should be uplifting and full of grace not petty and malicious!  I had to stop right then and ask for forgiveness and to change the fire into a light for Jesus.

What lights your fire??  

Isaiah 1:30-31

New International Version (NIV)
30 You will be like an oak with fading leaves,
    like a garden without water.
31 The mighty man will become tinder
    and his work a spark;
both will burn together,
    with no one to quench the fire.



Luke 11:35-36

New International Version (NIV)
35 See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness.36 Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”



No comments:

Post a Comment