Tuesday, May 15, 2012

World Peace

Have you ever wanted to change your name and just start over!  I sure have but I know that my friends and family would still know me.  They know what I look like.  They know what I act like.  They know my personality and all my little quirks.  They know my messiness and my love of taking a nap on Sunday afternoons.  They know I love my family and friends.  They know me even when my actions don't match my words.

There is a certain ball player that has trouble.  Everywhere he goes trouble seems to follow so he decided to change his name.  His name is now World Peace but is this player really at peace.  I don't think so.  His actions don't say so!!  Everyone knows him by his actions.

Actions speak louder than a name!!  What are your actions saying??


Proverbs 20:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 Even small children are known by their actions,
    so is their conduct really pure and upright?

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Brenda! We are more than our names. Sometimes it freaks me out when I think of those verses in John Chapter 2 where it says "24 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people 25 and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man." I heard a John Piper sermon about this once and he talked about God REALLY KNOWING what was in our hearts. We might be able to fool other people, but we can't fool God.

    ReplyDelete