Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Journey Continues:Not your typical update

Yesterday was a very weird day.  It started off with Richard very upset with me because he knew that I was going to call the bone marrow Doctors.  It was very quiet in our house before he left the house still running fever.  He knew he was sick and he was 100% certain that they would put him in the hospital.  The PA finally called me back about twenty til eleven and said bring him in.  This information was meet with silence when I called Richard but he did come home.

Without him knowing I put some extra clothes in the trunk, just in case.  I tried to talk to him on the way to the city and I just got one word answers or silence.  We did stop in Edmond and had pizza with a friend.  He may have spoke to her.  He did talk with Sarah a little.  By the time we got to the Doctors I was getting quite mad.

Forget what I had written that morning about that God's plans are not to harm you but to prosper you.  I wasn't even thinking about Bible verses.  I was thinking about how contrary my husband was and I wanted to strangle him.

When the Doctors finally did see him, they discovered that he was still running fever and that they could hear crackles in his lungs.  They ran some more test but we have not got the results yet.  The Doctor told Richard to not take Tylenol unless his temperature went about 101.2 which it has last night and this morning.  After Richard more or less trashed me to the Doctors and our daughter I was the silent one.  They didn't keep him and he was ready to talk but not me, oh no, not me.

It was a very silent ride coming back to Enid but oh was my head talking.  I was telling my husband off.  I told him that he was on his on from now on.  Just forget me worrying about him and making sure he got the help he needed.  I was going to be on the sideline from now on.  I was going to just watch him get well or not.  I was through.  Then about the time we got to Enid even though I was still very silent other thoughts started crowding out the telling off of my husband.  Thoughts of how God never gives up even when we do.  Thoughts of how it is a good thing that I am not God because I probably would have already zapped a husband.  Thoughts of God's mercy and grace no matter what we do or say.  I pondered on these thoughts as I told him bye, Sarah and I are going to church but I still wasn't ready for a conversation.  I am so glad God doesn't take our actions personal and by the time we arrived back home I was ready to to talk.  Richard was too and he did apologize.

Richard did have a very rough night and is actually staying home today and tomorrow.  He is coughing alot in spurts and very tired but at least we are at peace.

Thanks again to everyone for all the prayers.  It had to have been some of those prayers that helped soften my heart.  I certainly had lost control of my mind and thoughts.


1 Thessalonians 4:4

New International Version (NIV)
that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable,




3 comments:

  1. His temp. right before I left for work this morning was 103.1. He was taking tylenol and heading back to bed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so honest and transparent Brenda. That relieves me so much because I know I am not the only one who has felt that way before! I am praying for you and your family and for Richard's healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for all you and your family are going through. It has to be rough. I am thankful your family has the Lord to lean on. Praying.

    ReplyDelete