Monday, May 28, 2012

Remembering the fallen

This is a day of remembrance.  For some it is just a day to cook out, get together with families and friends but for those who have lost a soldier it can be a day of grief and pride.  There are thousands that have lost their lives fighting for us.

I was a mom of a marine, army and national guard soldier and the army son deployed twice, once to Iraq and once to Afghanistan.  The national guard son deployed once to Iraq.  I remember the days of deployment and the fear of receiving that knock on the door.  It never came and I will be forever grateful but for many that knock changed their lives forever.

Take time today to remember and say a prayer of thanksgiving for those that made the ultimate sacrifice.  I don't know who to give credit to for this quote but I have always thought it was right.  It is:
All gave some but some gave all.

I think that is appropriate today as we remember those that gave all!


             

No comments:

Post a Comment