Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Long and Whiny Road:Cheerios in My Heart

I don't remember the age that I was when I decided that all I wanted in life was to have babies.  I do know that I was pretty young.  I just remember that I loved those babies and could not wait until I was old enough to have ten or twenty of them.  I was in my early teens when I realized that to accomplish this goal I needed a husband.  My qualifications for that male was that he had to want children!

I married at 19 and one of my first goals was to have a baby by age 21.  That goal was not achieved but I did have my first born at the age of 23.  I was ecstatic!!  Sometime in that first week home from the hospital I decided that just maybe ten or twenty babies might be a tad to many!  I did settle in to enjoy that first son.

It was not long and he was cooing, laughing and getting big.  He also loved to go.  He loved being in the car and would even point indicating, let's go!  I started calling him the go baby.  We did make trips to town and over to grandparents and sometimes would pick up a friend who I will call CL and we would head off for an adventure!

We were in the car so much that I would have cheerios to give to my little go baby when he was hungry.  One day when we picked up CL she had to wipe cheerios off the seat.  There were always cheerios in that car, on the floor, in the car seat and in the other seats.  CL just laughed and made a joke about the cheerios.

I had no idea that time would fly and that little go baby would become a man.  I had no idea how much that I would miss the little go baby and the cheerios that were always scattered in the car.  One day, not to long ago, CL mentioned the cheerio days and the memories flooded my soul and I realized that those memories are safely embedded in my heart!  I will never forget the cheerio days!


Psalm 127:3

New International Version (NIV)
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of those Cheerio days, days I like to think about often. ;)

    ReplyDelete