Friday, January 27, 2012

The Standoff, Part 2



The last time I wrote I was telling you of a standoff with an ugly spider that was sharing the shower with me.  I was not happy and I finally had enough and sprayed that spider with Lysol.  I fully expected to see the spider gone the next time I looked.  WRONG!!!

That night I remembered to look and to my dismay the spider was still there.  I told it that it was supposed to be gone and to get moving.  It didn't budge so I started looking for something to bring the spider down.  I was mumbling and griping about spiders but couldn't find the proper weapon.  I was looking for something that would kill but that would not make that spider fall.  I didn't want a spider landing on me, even a dead one.  My husband walked into the bedroom and heard my mumbling and ask what was up so I finally told him.

He calmly walked into the bathroom, got some toilet paper, reached up, grabbed and squashed that spider.  He threw it in the commode  and started to leave the room but I insisted that he flush that spider first.  He looked at me like I was nuts.  Well I might be, but I didn't want to take any chances.  What if that spider was just stunned and just waiting for revenge.  He flushed and the bathroom became spider free!!!

Why did I not ask for help?  I was determined that I could beat that spider and I was full of pride.  I thought I had it under control.  I even had someone offer to come and kill the spider and ask me why I didn't have Richard kill the spider.  I told her that Richard was to weak(hope he doesn't read this) and that I would kill the spider.

My spiritual life is like that sometimes.  I try to do things my own way then God steps in and shows me my pride.  He is my spider killer even when I let that pride get in the way.  He sent His Son for me and for you.  He pricks my heart when pride invades and paves the way to rid me of the pesky spiders that I let fill my heart.




Proverbs 11:2

New International Version (NIV)
 2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
   but with humility comes wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment