Thursday, February 2, 2012

My brown drab coat.

I have a coat that is brown in color, made of corduroy, long to the knees and very drab looking.  It does keep me warm most of the time though.  When the Oklahoma winds swirl down around me I am thankful for that coat even if the coat is not very pretty.  That coat keeps me warm in the midst of dreary, cold days.

One day I threw my coat down with the inside showing and I was reminded of what the inside looked like. It is shiny with some white flowers, some swirls of orange and other colors. It made me think of spring, brightness, flowers and of green grass pushing through the ground.

This winter season in Oklahoma has been warmer than usual but there is still that dreary look of winter.  It is drab, no flowers, no green, no leaves, no brightness other than the sun.  The sun is warming but the landscape is drab.  Spring will bring a change.  It will be full of color and brightness.

I have many drab, no color days that have nothing to do with the weather.  It has to do with my outlook and my frame of mind but I have a Son that warms me and reminds me of His brightness, His sacrifices and His love.  He brings the fragrance of spring back into my darkness that leaves a warmth that only He can give!


Isaiah 60:19

New International Version (NIV)

19 The sun will no more be your light by day,
   nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
   and your God will be your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment