Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why am I always in the wrong line????

Do you guys have the same problem that I have.  It  doesn't matter which line I end up in, it becomes the wrong line and I always search out the shortest, fastest moving line that I can find.  I do this in Wal-marts,  the supermarkets, McDonalds drive through and any place that requires a line but no matter what line I am in it becomes the wrong line quick.  It seems like within minutes of getting in a line something happens.  Either the cashier has to get a price check, the person at the counter remembers they forgot something and go running to get it, or something breaks. This always happens if I am in a hurry, needing to get somewhere or just wanting to get home after a long day at work.

As I stand in line, I can feel my patience running out.  The longer I stand in line the more steam I feel coming out my ear.  Why does this annoy me so much?  Why am I impatient??  I promise you that I do not pray for patience!!

Maybe God is trying to teach me something.  Maybe He wants me to slow down, relax and look around.  I might see someone that needs a kind word, a frazzled checkout person that needs a smile or a crying baby that needs someone to play peek-a-boo with them.  If I am in too much of a hurry I might miss a blessing.  This is really hard to write but maybe I should thank God for  allowing me to be in the wrong line.


Colossians 3:17

New International Version (NIV)
17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Yes, I have this same problem. I always pick the wrong line. LOL.

    ReplyDelete