Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Aftermath

Most times when you hear the word aftermath you think of a time after a disaster like a tornado, hurricane or flood.  You know that something of an epic proportion has happened.  Last week I was reflecting back on the last year and the aftermath of it.

I was lamenting to God all day about bone marrow transplants, hospital stays, co-pays, gas prices, and telling Him what I needed.  I was also expressing my thoughts about the aftermath of Christmas and the credit card bills, the low bank account and told Him what I needed.  I talked to him about mistakes like forgetting to minus out automatic drafts from the check book, too many bills and not enough money and again I told Him what I needed.  I also talked with Him about Richard's upcoming cataract surgery(today) and Sarah's dental problems and braces.  Then I told Him what I needed.  All day long I was raising my voice toward heaven and stating what I needed.

I was thinking that I had an epic year and I was only thinking of what I needed.  I also kept telling God everything I needed.  I was talking to Him so much I couldn't hear a thing.  I was only sending out requests.  I was not taking time to stop and listen.  Then somehow,  I head a voice within.

I heard a quiet, "I am all you need!"

I had forgot about the aftermath of the Cross.  In the aftermath of the cross my Jesus rose again and He is all that I need! What about you??

Normally I might end a post like this with a Bible verse but today I am ending with a song.

Annie S. Hawks realized the need for Christ in 1872 when she penned these words to I Need Thee Every Hour:


  1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
    No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
    • Refrain:
      I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
      Every hour I need Thee;
      Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
      I come to Thee.
  2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
    Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.
  3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
    Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
  4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
    And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
  5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
    Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment