Thursday, September 8, 2011

"My" Day Off

I finally got my Wednesday off without something to do.  I didn't have to run to Oklahoma City with Richard.  I had the whole day to do whatever I wanted.  It's been so long I wasn't sure what to do.

I did a little cleaning and then a little resting, a little more cleaning, then a little more resting.  It was nice.  Then I settled in to finish my week from the Bible study that I am in.  I wasn't real sure that I liked what I was reading.  Angela Thomas, author and teacher, stated in her book 'When Wallflowers dance' that we needed to get the chaos out of our life.  That included a messy house and a body out of control from indulgences from chocolate and cookies and not exercising.  She stated that if the foundational structure of your life is in chaos and disrepair, we have nowhere to build.  To restore order in your life would mean giving yourself more time to think.

I am already struggling with trying to get my body in check, one baby step at a time, but now I have to think about getting the chaos out of my house too! WOW I did not want to read that.  I have a habit of holding on to things and having piles and now I have to think about letting go of them.  If chaos in my house is keeping me from thinking and and have the right relationship with God I need to spend my next day off getting rid of some junk.

What about you, what kind of junk is in your life?


Ephesians 2:10

New International Version (NIV)
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


1 Corinthians 6:19-20

New International Version (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment