Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Mustang Man

My daddy was a Mustang Man.  He love the Mustang cars.  My sister even got one her senior year.  I believe it was a 1966 model.  Those were the Mustangs that he liked.  The 1965, 1966 era.  In 1980 I had a blue 1980 Mustang but I never thought it looked as good as the one my sister had.

My dad never forgot his love for those 1960's Mustangs.  I remember in the mid to late 1980's, my boys and I would pile in the car with him and my mom to go looking for Mustangs.  Sometimes he would find one, sometimes he didn't. What he was looking for were those that needed an overhaul.  If he found the right one he would buy it, bring it home and start the remake.

He would start on the inside of the car.  He would work on the engine, transmission or even replace them as needed.  He would get those cars purring then the polishing would start.  He would make those cars look shiny and  brand new.  Most of the time he would sell them but sometimes he would keep one for a while.  

Now my dad could have just polished the car and made it look brand new but he knew that he needed to start with the inside.  What good is a car that looks polished but doesn't run?

I know another Father who starts with the inside.  He know there needs to be a change.  His concern is not for the outward appearance but for what comes from inside.  He has always loved us and always will.  He wants to remake our engine.  What good is a polished appearance if the inside stinks?

Do you need an overhaul today?



1 Samuel 16

New International Version (NIV)


 7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”




    

No comments:

Post a Comment