Friday, September 9, 2011

Junk

I couldn't quit thinking about my junk yesterday.  I questioned myself about my junk creating chaos in my life. I can walk right past my junk without even thinking about it.  I guess that when you come from a family of hoarders it can be seem normal.  I had hoarders in my family before hoarders were on television.  My grandma's house would have made a great show.  She had a tiny path we could walk through or sometimes we just crawled over.  I remember staying with her as a child and she would clean the area around the bed I slept in. It seemed normal to see the junk.  My husband should be glad he doesn't have to crawl over piles.

The more I thought about my junk I remembered a few times when I did get rid of those piles.  I do remember how nice it was not to worry  that someone might come over or if a guest opened the wrong door. Maybe it does create some chaos.  Thinking back to my grandma's house I think of things I never thought of when I was a child, like could there have been spiders and mice in the piles.  There were probably things lurking in those piles I do not even want to know about.  I wonder what might be in my piles?

I also started thinking about me.  What junk is lurking within me?  What am I hoarding inside?  There are hurts, disappointments and sin I have hidden deep within my heart.  Things that might hurt to think about.   I need to face the spiders, mice and junk within me.  I need to quit hoarding the junk and give it to Jesus.  He will cleanse me from within.



Hebrews 10:22

New International Version (NIV)
22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I really need to get rid of some junk again too! It is so hard though ;)

    ReplyDelete