Friday, September 16, 2011

Driving with the Engine Warning Light On!

The other day on the way home from work a light popped up on my dash.  Of course I had no idea what it was.  I just knew that it was there to tell me something.  I called my husband and told him to meet me outside when I got home because he needed to look at the light.  He took one look at it and said, " oh, that's the engine light."  He explained to me that it could be anything from the gas cap not being on right to something being wrong with the engine.

Well the engine light is still on.  My husband messed with the gas cap and seems to think the engine light could be on because the gas cap doesn't seem to stay on tight.  So I have been driving with the engine light on.  I try to ignore it but every time I start the car  there it is.  My mind wanders to other possibilities that it could be.  What if it is something deep within the internal system?  What if  the car breaks down?  I can explore the possibilities in my mind but until I take it to the car master I will continue to keep wandering.

There are also times in my life when I get warnings that something deep within me is just not right. What is my heart trying to tell me? I wonder why things seem out of sorts.  Maybe I stayed up to late?  Maybe I forgot to eat?(LOL)  Maybe I forgot to pray.  Maybe I forgot who my heart Master is?  I can try to figure it out but until I go to my heart Master I will continue to wonder.


Who is Master of your heart??


Micah 7:18

New International Version (NIV)

18 Who is a God like you,
   who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
   of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
   but delight to show mercy.





No comments:

Post a Comment