Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Giving the scraps

The other day, I was dicing up some chicken that I had cooked to go in a casserole.  Samson, the dog, was begging at my feet.  Every once in a while I would throw him a scrap and he would pounce on it.  Now I only gave him the parts that had too much fat or looked a little over cooked or just didn't look right.  I saved the best chicken for the casserole.  Samson didn't care though, as he looked at me with adoring eyes, waiting for the next piece of scraps to fall upon him.

I was throwing another scrap down to the dog when I realized how I do this same thing to God.  I throw Him my scraps.  I go about my busy life making it busier and many times I don't do what I should.  God can see right through me as I toss him the scraps and leftovers of my life.  I need to pounce on always giving my best.  

What if God had not given the best?  Where would I be?

Where would you be?


John 1:17New Living Translation (NLT)
Numbers 18:29New Living Translation (NLT)
1 Corinthians 10:33New Living Translation (NLT)
17 For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.


29 Be sure to give to the Lord the best portions of the gifts given to you.


33 I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment