Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ring, Ring


                                        

Ring, Ring, answer the phone?  Now that there is caller id and voice mail I don't always dash to get the phone.  I think sometimes it just depends on who is on the other end.  How does one decide whether to answer the phone or not?  

I have watched my daughter with her phone and can usually tell by the expression on her face whether she is going to answer the call or not.  If it is certain people her face will light up and her voice is happy as she answers.  Other calls get blah looks and no answers.  She is talking or or sending text so much that sometimes I think the only way to get her attention is to call her.

I wonder if God thinks that about me?  Does He get frustrated by my not answering His call?  Does He wonder what He needs to do to gain my attention?  Can He tell by the look on my face whether I want or am willing to take His call?  Sometimes I have to push away the pull of the world to answer His call. Sometimes I have to push away the pull of friends and family to answer.  Sometimes I have push away the noise to answer His call.  

How many times have I given Him the blah look or no answer?

Ring, Ring, will I answer?  What about you?

Isaiah 50:2New Living Translation (NLT)

Why was no one there when I came?
    Why didn’t anyone answer when I called?
Is it because I have no power to rescue?
    No, that is not the reason!
For I can speak to the sea and make it dry up!
    I can turn rivers into deserts covered with dying fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment