Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The teenage years

I have already had three teenagers go through my life and the fourth one is on the path of teenager right now. This teenager can be bullheaded, give me my way or the highway but can be so sweet, lovable and adorable.  I think it is a split personality. I guess that is just a teenage.  I do remember the adoring I love you looks and the I want to please you most of the time from the younger years but those years have faded into teenage chaos.

This teenager still needs me but is growing to be more and more independent.  When there is trouble this teenager just like the others will come to me or dad for help.  I know that this is a short period of time that will eventually pass and the teenager will become almost normal again.

Do you remember when you first came to know Jesus?  Do you remember not being able to get enough of Him and His word?  Did you love to spend time with Him and relish being in the company of other Christians?  Have you become like a teenager?  Are you always right no matter what you read in the Bible?  Do you ignore the wooing of the Holy Spirit?

Jesus is better than parents. He is always right and He is always there.  He is waiting for you turn back to Him and leave those teenage years behind.  Nothing will keep us from the love of God.  Not even the teenage years.


Romans 8:39

New King James Version (NKJV)
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment