Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Sun

This morning after I had written about bullies, it was time to take my daughter to school.  On the way to school I noticed that it seemed still quite dark and that there were quite a few clouds.  I even mentioned this to my daughter that the clouds seemed dark.  I dropped her at school and headed toward work.

On my way to work from her school there is a point that I turn to the east.  This morning when I turned east I saw the sun peeking over the horizon.  It was spreading it's marvelous colors across the sky when I noticed that the clouds closest to the sun had taken on the color of the sun.  You could still see the dark of the cloud underneath but the brilliant hues of the sun made a magnificent picture.

That is when the truth hit me.  The trouble with this world is that it can not see the colors of the Son!  The world looks to feed selfish desire and greed.  The world does not care who gets hurt as long as it gets it's way.  The world does not want to take on the colors of the Son.  It prefers the darkness.

What about you?  What do you prefer?

Ephesians 6:12

New King James Version (NKJV)
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

1 John 2:11

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.


2 Corinthians 4:5-7

New King James Version (NKJV)

For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to givethe light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment