Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Woman's Conference at Tulsa

The Woman's Conference was wonderful.  It was full of worship, reading the Bible and praise.  I also got to know some women better as we opened up and shared our lives with each other.  One of the women talked about a time in her life when she first met and dated her husband.  She thought their first date was perfect and he thought it was a disaster.  She didn't have to say much and he talked a lot.  She liked that.  They eventually married and she thought at that time that they were pretty much the opposite of each other.  Now, though after thirty years of marriage, she feels like they are very much alike in many ways.  The years of growing and knowing each other have brought them to the point of being more alike than being opposite.

I started thinking about my walk with God and wondered if I have grown more like God or am I still asserting my way.   Are my thoughts like His or more like the world's.  Do I reach out to others or do I do my own thing?  Does God's light shine through me or am I dull with sin and pride?  I hope that after 43 years of a relationship with my God and Savior that each day I become more like Him!

What shines through you?  The world or a Savior?



2 Corinthians 4:6

New King James Version (NKJV)
For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment