Thursday, September 20, 2012

What is wrong with me??

Every morning I wake up with the thought that this is the day.  This is the day that I am going to eat healthy and that I am going to do some form of exercise.  Well I think something must be wrong with me because I can't seem to let go of chocolate in any shape or form.  I am thinking that I could probably eat broccoli or cauliflower if it was coated or dripping with chocolate.

It's not just the chocolate thing that is bothering me though.  It is the thought that I have no discipline.  I am sure that there is something wrong with me!! I can't even seem to go the moderation route.  I think that I was made this way.  I was made to crave that sweet,  delicious food and apparently I missed out on the gene that makes me want to exercise.

The problem with the lack of discipline though must be something lacking in my genes, right?  Well, probably not!  I am thinking that maybe, just maybe, it is a habit thing.  I let chocolate become my best friend during a very trying time in my life.  Now that habit lingers.

I have felt the Holy Spirit pricking at my soul.  I have read blogs that touch me and make me want to do the right thing but I fall back into the chocolate trap.  It is my best friend.  I see what my best friend is doing to me.  It is ruining my health.  If I see chocolate though, I know I am in trouble! What is wrong with me?? Why would I want something in my life that could take my life??

I have to give this to the Lord.  I have to keep giving this to Him.  EVERYDAY!!  I want HIM to be my best friend.  He is the One that gives me life and sustains me!  Not Chocolate!  I want to live my life the way that God wants me to. A disciplined life!  There is nothing wrong with me that He can't help me with!!

What about you??  What or who is your best friend??


Psalm 34:19

New International Version (NIV)
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;

No comments:

Post a Comment