Monday, September 24, 2012

The difference one word can make

I think it was Friday that I saw on facebook a post that a facebook friend and fellow blogger had posted.  It talked of her weirdness.  I thought I had posted, weird is not bad but in fact I had typed, weird is bad.  I somehow in my hurry omitted a crucial word.  I am sure that the comment weird is bad made her feel weird  and it did bring forth a reply from her.  I was very confused until I noticed that I had left out the word not.  I immediately deleted the original post and posted a new one letting her know what I had meant to post.

This kept me wondering most of the day of other things I might omit to do.  How often do I in my hurry not say the right word or just don't say anything.  I sometimes just let the days blur by.  I go to work.  I come home.  Do I make a difference? I think I should be more weird.  I think I should be careful with my words.  I should say or write words that are helpful and will impact. It could make a difference.  I should think before I write or speak and I should be careful to not leave out a crucial word.

I was called to be different even if I am weird.  The Bible tells us to be in this world, not of this world.  The world should see that I am different and I need to make a difference!

How about you??  Are you of this world or are you weird?


Romans 12:2

New International Version (NIV)
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.



No comments:

Post a Comment