Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Free Pass

Today I gave my daughter a free pass.  One of her jobs around the house is to load and unload the dishwasher.  She was still in bed and I decided that I would give her a free pass.  You know just between her and me.  No one else needs to know.  So, shh don't tell anyone! I love my daughter and it feels nice to give her a free pass sometimes.  I like to see the surprise and delight on her face.  I don't want to give free passes to often though.  The value of that free pass might not feel so delightful, except to her.

Have you ever been given a free pass?  I have!  Someone took my sin to the cross.  His name is Jesus!  Jesus was and is sin free but He took my sin and yours and prepared the way for a free pass. He loves everyone!  He is delighted when one receives the free pass and wants the news spread!  The value will not ever decrease!  It is the key to eternity!



Acts 4:11-12

New International Version (NIV)
11 Jesus is
“‘the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the cornerstone.’[a]
12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”







No comments:

Post a Comment