Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Free Pass:Part Two

The other day I wrote about giving my daughter a free pass.  I wrote that I like to surprise her sometimes just to see that smile or something all gushy like that.  I guess I just need to tell you guys about the rest of the day.  It was horrible.  Sarah bugged me all day.  I was in the middle of doing laundry(about 8 loads), boiling chicken so that I could fix chicken and noodles for supper and by the way I did the dishes as I went.  HER dishes.  She just couldn't understand why I would want to be at home all day.  I was so BORING.  We needed to go shopping, go to mall, do anything that was away from the house. If you read the first Free Pass then you know that she had been to the county fair and watched the horse show with her dad.  She also went to the store with him.  She could only see that I was reading.  She wanted her wants meet and she wanted it right then.  By the end of the day I was ready to stuff that free pass or any future ones in her hands.  I was ready to choke her for not understanding what I had done for her.  She had NO gratitude! Not one inch.  She only was thinking about what she wanted to do.

I wonder if Jesus thinks that about me??  Just look at that Brenda, she has NO gratitude.  Does she realize how I gave her that free pass.  Does she only think about what she wants??  Does she understand what I did for her??  How often do I take His sacrifice for granted and act like I don't understand?  How often do I think reading the Bible and praying is boring? I only want what I want RIGHT now!

I need to remember every day what Christ has done for me!!  What about you?  Do you take your free pass for granted??


John 3:16-17

New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment