Friday, March 4, 2016

Do you wear the shoes that only fit perfectly?


                                                          

                                               



Have you ever put on shoes that didn't quite fit but you liked them so you bought them anyway and you ended up never wearing them?  Maybe though you only buy and wear shoes that fit?  I was thinking about this the other day when I saw a pair of shoes that I let my daughter talk me into buying online.  Of course they were too narrow and tight for my fat feet but I wore them once.  I don't think my feet will ever be the same again.

This made me think of the many shoes that my husband used to wear.   He wore the shoes of husband, father, Sunday School teacher, provider, golfer, fisherman, cook and he wore these shoes very comfortably.  He also wore many shoes that he didn't particular like or have to.  He wore the shoes of  washing dishes, changing diapers, taxi driver, sweeping, mopping and even sometimes cleaning the bathrooms.  He also wore the shoes of cancer.

In wearing the shoes of cancer Richard touched many lives with his strength and determination.  He also touched many lives by sharing his testimony of being in a win-win situation.  The final shoes he wore here on earth was the shoes of death.  He now wears the shoes of every lasting life!

His wish would be that you would wear the shoes of eternal life!  He is living an eternal life because he accepted Christ as his Savior! What about you?  If you died today would you be able to put on the shoes of eternal life? 

The shoes of eternal life will fit perfect!  You will never be the same!


John 3:16 (NIV)

 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


Ephesians 6:15 (NIV)

 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment