Thursday, March 10, 2016

The stuff that matters




                                           


I have spent several days going through my husband's stuff.  He used to get on to me because I
had too much stuff.  I must say that I think he had more stuff than I have.   Most of my stuff can probably be thrown away.  Most of Richard's stuff was stuff that mattered very much to him.

Some of the stuff I found was a brief case full of letters, love notes and cards from me.  I found a folder with pictures, notes and achievements that belonged to the kids.  There were his hats, boots,  belts and momentos from vacations.  There was a sack full of maps that he used to plan those trips.  There were cards from the 3rd grade Sunday School from several different years.
There were plaques and awards from jobs where he had worked that dated back to his teenage years.  I found several Bibles.  Some of the Bibles were from family members that had passed on, several of them were his that dated back to when he was a child.

All the stuff that he had packed and stored in a very neat order mattered to him but most of all his family mattered.  There was a time when he tried to keep us all packed and in a neat order.  He eventually figured out that it wasn't going to happen and loved us just like we were,  We were the stuff that mattered to him more than anything except for his Savior!

I do miss my husband but I know he is healed, has no more pain and no more sorrow.  He knows that he will see his family again but that the stuff that he had on earth doesn't matter anymore!  He is with his Savior!

What about you?  What stuff matters to you?

John 5:2 (NIV)

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment