Thursday, March 24, 2016

What do you reach for?

Last Sunday the lesson in Sunday School was in Genesis.  The lesson was about Eve, fruit and a serpent.  You probably remember that God had told Adam and Eve not to eat from a certain tree.  The serpent was very cunning and talked Eve into reaching up and plucking that fruit from the tree.   After she ate the fruit she also gave fruit to her husband.

This made me think about my sins.  What is it that is so enticing about sin.  Could it be that serpent whispering in my ear that this is good, this is beautiful and it will open your eyes.  The serpent wants me to reach up and grab that apple.  He wants to send me spiraling down into the pit of sin.  The serpent wants me to run and hide from God.   He wants me to offer sin to those around me.

The serpent wants me to forget that my Savior, Jesus, died on the cross.  He wants me to forget that Jesus covered my sin!  He wants me to forget that my Savior rose again!  He wants me to think that my sin is unforgivable!  He wants me to think that if I reach for that apple that I will know the truth.
He doesn't want me to know the truth.

What is your apple that you keep reaching for?  Don't let the serpent entice you to keep reaching for it because there is a Savior that will cover you with His blood!


and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of JesusChrist His Son cleanses us from all 
sin.




No comments:

Post a Comment