Saturday, February 20, 2016

Don't call me a widow

The other day one of the deacons from the church asked me if I wanted to go to the widow's banquet this next week.  I told him no I didn't want to go and not to call me a widow.  I told him I wasn't old enough to be called a widow, that should be for woman that are 100 years old, certainly not one my age.  Though I know that many woman have lost their husbands at younger ages than I am it just felt odd to me.

I am sure that each person that loses a spouse have different feelings and thoughts.  Here are some of my thoughts from the last 12 days.

I wondered if it was a dream.

I wondered what I needed to do and how to act.

I wondered if I would drown in the sea of loneliness.

I wondered about my husband in heaven, with no more pain and no more sorrow!

Here are some thoughts that I know are true.

My God will sustain me!

My God gives me comfort and hope!

My God sends people to me at just the right time with just the right words!

My God gives me all I need plus more!

My God is there when the loneliness sets in.

My God reminds me that I will see Richard again!

I know in my brain that yes technically I am a widow but it still just seems so odd!  I don't know if I will get used to hearing it but I promise I won't bite your head off if you slip and call me a widow!
Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Romans 8:39New Living Translation (NLT)

39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment