Saturday, March 30, 2013

Candy and the Tomb

This morning I went to Walmart.  One of my not so favorite places but I had put off getting the Easter Candy.  You know, the chocolate bunnies, the chocolate and carmel eggs and other assorted candies but when I got to the Easter Candy Aisle it was EMPTY.   I was amazed!! No Easter Candy was to be found anywhere on the aisle.  Not even  peeps!  My daughter and grandchild might not be too happy!

My redeeming grace came as I headed to the checkout with a few items that I was going to buy and behold there was the Easter candy.  There were no peeps but I did find the chocolate bunnies and eggs.  Next year I probably will not wait until the day before to go purchase the Easter candy!

Many, many years ago on the first Easter several women hurried to a tomb but it was EMPTY!!  That is my real redeeming grace!!! Jesus died but rose again.  HE LIVES!!! Don't wait to accept His gift! Easter is not about chocolate bunnies and egg hunts it is about our Lord and Savior!! He freely died and rose again for all of us!  He won our battle!

Have you chosen Jesus?  He chose You!

 

Romans 5:14-16

New International Version (NIV)
14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.


John 14:6

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me.


No comments:

Post a Comment