Monday, March 4, 2013

The Shaving

Last week I had a strange experience.  Well you might not think it is so strange but at the time I did.  I was finally shaving my legs and underarms but as I ran the razor across the extra long hairs nothing happened.  I tried and than tried again.  Nothing.  I looked at the razor, no hair on it.  I looked at my legs and underarms, there was still extra long hair everywhere.  I was very perplexed.  I thought maybe I had sprouted some hair that was razor resistant or I had bought a faulty razor.

I looked and looked at that razor.  I washed it off and even ran my fingers across the blades.  No matter what I tried the hair stayed in place.  A few days later I took another look at the razor and the blades.  The clear cover was on that blade.  Guess what?  I took the clear cover off and no more extra long hair.

Now I don't understand why I didn't see that cover or even feel it when I first tried to get rid of that extra long unwanted hair.  It must have been a Monday.  Looking back I laugh and think what I dork I can be sometime.

I also thought of how I sometime will keep a clear cover between me and God.  It can't be seen or I can't quite put my finger on the problem but that unseen wall will put space between us.  It could be the extra long hairs of sin.  It could be the extra long hairs of unbelief or pride.  I might try and try to reach God but nothing happens.

I need to keep the space between God and I open.  I need to remove all the extra long hairs of sin with prayer and humbleness.  I need to keep my eyes on God to keep the sin away that will not allow the long arms of God to reach me.

God is there with help.  He will shave away my fear, sin and pride!  There is not one sin that is God resistant!


Isaiah 41:13

New International Version (NIV)
13 For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment