Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Heart of a Wellston Tiger:Biology

A week ago Sunday our church had a D3 Dinosaurs-Destiny-Design Conference.  I only made it to Sunday morning and Sunday evening services but what I heard was very interesting.  The conference pointed out that God was Creator and the flaws and lies of Darwin and his theory.  That morning before the service began I noticed one of the church members walking to his pew(you know we all have our pews)  and he was carrying a few paper plates in his hand.  They were turned right side up just like he was ready to receive a full portion.

I could not help but think back to my eleventh grade year at Wellston, Oklahoma . That was the year that I was introduced to Biology.  It had many yuck minutes along with weird facts and minks.  We had to dissect a mink, not a frog, but a mink!!  I am so grateful that I had a friend in  'ML' who let me be in his group along with a few of my squeamish best friends.  He did the dissecting!  I must say he did a wonderful job too. There was an awful smell that permeated throughout the room as everyone started dissecting.  I don't believe I will ever forget that smell.

The teacher taught what was in the book, gave assignments and tried to make our lives miserable with the projects.  You know a normal teacher.  The second semester of school was in process when the unit on Charles Darwin was presented.  I was in shock and I told Mr. M that God was creator and that we had not evolved from monkeys.  There were many heated debates after that but they ended when he told me that when test time came that I had better put the correct answer or he would count it wrong. He meant that I had better put the answer from the book, not the correct answer.

I was in a dilemma.  I didn't want to miss any points but I wanted to put the correct answer.  The answer I knew that was true, not that we evolved but that we were created by a mighty God.  I was not sure how to handle this until a thought popped into my head.  It came from God.  The answer that I wrote for the question about Darwin's theory was 'The book states the fact that we evolved from monkeys but that doesn't mean that this is true'.  The words may not have been those words exactly but close.  Guess what?  He did not count it wrong!

I am so thankful that my parents moved to Wellston when I was one.  This move planted me right in the heart of Oklahoma into a town full of churches.  This town was also full of people who looked to Jesus for answers, who loved Him and followed Him.  They were kind, considerate and helpful.  They are part of the reason that my plate was turned right side up and that I was ready to receive the truth.  The truth is that God is Creator.  The truth is that Jesus died on the cross and rose again for me and for you!

What way is your plate turned?  Do you know the truth??



Genesis 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.





No comments:

Post a Comment