Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Locked out AGAIN!

I seem to have this knack for getting locked out.  I don't have a key or I left it on the table inside or just figured that I would get into the house through the garage.  Last night I arrived home from doing a training in El Reno and opened up the garage door, gathered up my bags and walked through the garage to the inside door.  IT was locked.  What nerve of my family.  What were they thinking??

They did leave all the outside lights on for me.  The light shone forth and led my path but I was left knocking on the wrong side of the door.  The outside.  I decided to go try the front door.  IT was locked!  I thought I would be nice and not ring the bell so I used my cell phone and to call the home phone.  My groggy husband answered the phone and I told him that the garage door was locked and that I was standing at the front door.  I figured that would save him a few steps.  I waited and I waited and I waited. I finally after thinking that he had misunderstood went back to the garage and to the inside door.  IT was still locked!

Then I knocked and I knocked loud.  I didn't care who I woke up.  Finally the door opened and I was inside the house.  My husband thought I had called to tell him that I was coming through the front door and had turned over and went back to sleep.  ????  The outside lights were bright and led me up the path to the garage door and to the front door but without the key I was stuck outside until I knocked.

I remember a time when a light beckoned me.  It wooed and it called my name.  This time the light knocked on my heart.  The key was I had to answer that knock.  I had to let the light in.  For a time I wasn't sure what that light was or if I wanted to answer.  The more I learned about the light though, the more I understand that this light would be forever.  It would guide my path through life.  I only had to answer. I did let the light in over forty years ago.  That light is Jesus.  I will never be locked out of HIS light!

Many think that they are in the light but unless you have responded to the still small voice there will be darkness.  Are you in the light.  Have you figured out the key?

Is the light wooing you?  Have you answered the knock?  Don't be left knocking on the wrong side of the door!

John 8:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”



John 12:45-47

New International Version (NIV)
45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment