Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wow!





I was reading in Nehemiah the other day and one of the scriptures that I read made me think wow.  I don't ever remember reading that part before though I know that I have read the book of Nehemiah several times.  I was reading in chapter nine about the people confessing their sins and praying.  Their prayer praises God for leading His people and their ancestors out of Egypt and  for never abandoning them even when they made an idol shaped like a calf.  The prayer also remembered how God lead them by a pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night, and sent them manna and water.  God gave them everything that they needed,

Now for the wow part, God not only provided everything for them but also their clothes did not wear out and their feet did not swell while walking around in the wilderness for 40 years!!

I don't know how that slipped past my eyes without my stopping with wonder and awe!!  I don't know about you but if I walk to much there are times that my feet swell up and hurt!  I can't even imagine keeping a garment for 40 years much less wearing it everyday.  If I did wear a garment for 40 years I can only image that it would be ripped and tattered.


God was provider then and He is provider now!  He has provided a way for me and for you to live eternally in Heaven!  His Son died a terrible death on a cross and three days later rose again for sinners and we are all sinners!  The ripped and tattered parts that are carried by sinners can be made whole because Jesus paved the path for us to live eternally with Him.

God gave us everything we need!



John 3:16-17New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

Nehemiah 9:19-21New International Version (NIV)

19 “Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the wilderness. By day the pillar of cloud did not fail to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take. 20 You gave your good Spirit to instruct them. You did not withhold your manna from their mouths, and you gave them water for their thirst. 21 For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness; they lacked nothing, their clothes did not wear out nor did their feet become swollen.









No comments:

Post a Comment