Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I used to play-------



                                                   


How many people used to play a musical instrument?  I used to play the piano.  Now I am not saying that I played well but maybe when I practiced I played good.  I played good enough that when the pianist was not available I would fill in as a teenage and actually later on was the pianist for a small church, which was quite a while ago.   I must tell you though the more I practiced the gooder I got.  I don't think I ever got to the excellent level but I did get gooder!

Today for some reason I played the piano.  Wow, I am not even close to gooder. In fact it sounded quite terrible.  The dog even started howling!  I just told him to hush and kept going.  He eventually quieted down.  I probably played for thirty to forty minutes and I must admit that even though I didn't sound gooder,  the sound was a little better than when I first took a seat at the piano.


Then the thought hit me, I am only gooder through Christ!  I am not good on my own!  I am only gooder because Christ died and rose again!  I might get gooder at playing piano by practicing but I only had to accept Jesus as my Savior to know that when I die I will be in paradise with my Savior.

I also had the thought hit me that I did need to get gooder at reading my Bible, praying and listening to the Holy Spirit!  God will take my gooder and make it excellent!

Only through Christ can anyone be excellent!

John 3:16-17 (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.





No comments:

Post a Comment