Sunday, April 24, 2016

Is how you look what defines you?


                                               



One of the things that I remember from high school and even as early as second grade is that sometimes how you look depends on what group that you are in.  I remember in the second grade sometimes feeling like I was on the outside looking in but it got even worse in high school.  I have to say that by high school I didn't really care if I was in the "in" group and was even friends with some of them but I was not in their group.

Looking back most of those in that group were the beautiful, the best dressed, most athletic, the top grades though I must admit that some of them were very nice and very sweet when one on one.  In second grade I didn't understand why some might not talk to me but by high school I didn't care.

I didn't care because at an early age I discovered that there was someone that didn't care what I looked like.  He didn't care how many times I messed up.  He loved me just like I was and am.  I knew that He didn't care what group I was in, what I dressed like, or where I lived.

He cared about what was on the inside of me.  His name is Jesus and He changed my life.  He gave me peace and a different attitude (most of the time). I can talk to Him about anything and everything and He is never condemning.  He did not come to condemn but to save!

Do you know the One who came not to condemn but to save and change your life?  If not you can know Him and you can know Him right now!!  Don't let your looks define you!  Let God's grace define you!!


Romans 5:8 (NIV)

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6 (NIV)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”


No comments:

Post a Comment