Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Bittersweet Week

This week is one that I have looked forward to for quite some time.  I have been paying off the house and other loans this week. The fact though is that this week is one that Richard and I talked about and looked forward to together.  We had plans together for travel, remodeling and various other things.

The fact that I am using life insurance money to pay things off brings back memories of all those plans.  That is why it seems so bittersweet.  I am able to do this and earlier than planned because of my husband's death.  He used to tell me though that is why he had that insurance and that if something happened to him to pay things off and keep vacationing.  He wanted to make sure that in the event of his death that his family would be secure.  Though this week has been bittersweet I am thankful for my husband and that he had this plan in place.

There is another that had a plan in place for me.   It is Jesus.  His plan lead Him to a cross where He died and then rose again for me.  That also seems bittersweet when I think about that it was my sin that took Him to the cross.  His plan also included a way for me to be with Him in heaven when I die. Once I get to heaven there will be nothing bittersweet!

I have accepted that plan.  What about you?

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
John 10:28-30 NIV


John 3:1 NIV

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment