Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Time Flies and the Buzzing of Flys


                                                   

I was having a text conversation with a good friend of mine when the subject came up of how long we have known each other.  We met about twenty years ago.  It just seems like yesterday that I met this wonderful woman who became a friend and mentor, but it has been years.  It was mentioned about how time flies.  For some reason that made me think of the lifespan of buzzing flys.  Those annoying little things that buzz around your head actually only live about four weeks.

It make me think about how I let little things annoy me.   I hear buzzing instead of words.   I forget that life really is flying by and I need to slow down, listen and enjoy the friends that God has given to me.  I have many friends that I love to visit with, do things with and text with but I have let the buzz of life erase time that I could have spent with these friends.

Then there is the buzz of family.  The buzzing of family sometimes feels like a roar and I sometimes don't even remember what was said.   It is hard to get away from the buzz of family. I have family that sounds like buzz, buzz, buzz but I do love to talk and spend time with my family.

I think that worst of all is the buzzing that I hear sometimes when God is talking to me. Sometimes I let time constraints buzz into Bible reading and all I can think of is that I have to hurry, time is flying.  God wants me to hear, read His Word and feel His Spirit. He wants me to slow down and hear what family and friends are saying.  God wants me to use my time for Him.  He wants me to be still, listen and forget that time is buzzing by.



James 1:19 (NKJV)

19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;





No comments:

Post a Comment