Monday, January 26, 2015

Mopping the way to cleanliness



I have two part time jobs and at the second one I fix a meal and clean daily.  This job is also Monday through Friday.  On Friday I was looking for something else to clean and decided that I would mop again.  The floors looked clean but I needed something to do.  I got out the mop bucket and the mop and started through the house.  The floors look very clean when I was through but I still thought that the water would not be that dirty, after all I had mopped two days before.  To my surprise when dumping the water it was very dirty.  I guess every day that dirt and grime is being tracked into that house with the comings and goings of different people.

I was on my way home when it hit me.  I am just like that.  I track dirt and grime into my soul everyday.  I allow thoughts, moods, tiredness and other people to influence my thoughts and actions.  I need to mop out my soul daily with prayers, reading the Bible and listening to the Holy Spirit.  I need to allow the dirt and grime to be mopped daily from my life.

Do you need to be mopped today?

1 John 1:9 (NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment