Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Mastercraftsman

 I have been reading in 2 Chronicles.  A few days ago I was in the second  chapter and that chapter is about Solomon preparing to build the temple to  honor the name of the Lord.
    
           

2 Chronicles 2:5-7New Living Translation (NLT)

“This must be a magnificent Temple because our God is greater than all other gods.But who can really build him a worthy home? Not even the highest heavens can contain him! So who am I to consider building a Temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices to him?
“So send me a master craftsman who can work with gold, silver, bronze, and iron, as well as with purple, scarlet, and blue cloth. He must be a skilled engraver who can work with the craftsmen of Judah and Jerusalem who were selected by my father, David

I could not help but compare this to Jesus.  He is my Master Craftsman.  He died and rose again so that I could have a magnificent Temple. That temple is my body.  He is the one that makes me a worthy temple. God sent the best and that best is and was worth more than all the gold, silver bronze and the finest cloth. Just as Solomon wanted a magnificent Temple for God, my God wants me to be a magnificent Temple for Him.  Many times I get in the way of being magnificent but God never leaves me and woos me back to Him.

1 Corinthians 6:19New Living Translation (NLT)
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,

Matthew 21:12New Living Translation (NLT 

12 Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out all the people buying and selling animals for sacrifice. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves.

Just as Jesus cleaned out the Temple He can also clean you out and make you worthy to be His Temple.  He wants a magnificent Temple that is willing to give up the past and live for Him.

John 14:6New Living Translation (NLT)

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

John 3:16New Living Translation (NLT)

16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave[a] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Do you know the Master Craftsman?  He is waiting to craft you into a Magnificent Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment