Monday, February 4, 2013

Ramblings from a tired mind

It is funny the things that pop into my mind when I am tired.  Things that pop into my mind when tired are things like I am never going to get the rest that I need, how come everyone else in the whole wide world have such clean homes, my house will always be dirty and that spiders are going to take over the world.

This morning after wrestling with my mind that yes I did have to get up my feet touched the floor with mild hesitation but with a resolve that I would make it through the day but I would be on the look out for spiders. Whether my mind is tired or calm I make sure that there are no spiders in my path but when my mind is tired spiders seem a larger than normal. I calmly shook out my towel to make sure that no spiders had taken up residence on the towel that would dry off my face.  I can not imagine a spider close to my face.  I also made sure that there were no spiders in my shoes, in my slacks, in my socks, in my hair brush, on the toilet paper, in my slacks and well you get the picture.  Spiders can be larger than they really are!  They are evil!!

As I was calmly looking for any spiders that might have crept into my life I realized that there is something larger, more evil and more sinister than any spider could ever be.  It is the devil!  You know the one that will end up in a flaming, fiery furnace called hell.  I need to have a check list every morning to make sure the devil is not in my life.  Is there sin that needs taken care of that the evil one parades in front of me, are my thoughts clean and pure even when tired, am I to pushy, to righteous, too angry, to prideful and well I think you get the picture.

I need to be on the lookout and kept the devil at bay.  I need to keep my pray life active, read and study the Bible and listen to the Holy Spirit and be accountable to my God.  I need to heed the warnings of other Christians and keep my mind pure and Holy. That is the check list I need to go through every morning to keep the one that is more evil than spiders out of my life!

What about you?  Do you have the right checklist?



Revelation 20:10

New International Version (NIV)
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.


1 Corinthians 3:18-19

New International Version (NIV)
18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”[a];


No comments:

Post a Comment