Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Journey Continues, Day +21 or Day 28

This last week has been a stormy week but with calm now on the horizon this part of a song by  Matt Redman summarizes how I have made it through.

And I will fear no evil
for my God is with me'
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh, no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
in every high and every low
Lord, You never let go of me.
Matt Redman


Last Tuesday was a much different day then this Tuesday.  I had been told it might be a good idea to call the children and the Dr.s were not giving much hope for recovery.  Richard does not know this yet but I will tell him when he is well and home.  He was on the ventilator with 100% oxygen, a feeding tube, kidneys shut down and all kinds of meds going in him.  Yes I was upset but God kept me from letting fear overcome and has been with me every step and He will never let go of me.

Richard is now completely off of all machines including the dialysis and if he can keep his output going he will not have to go back on it.  Yesterday his output was increasing as the day went by.  We are hoping for a room soon to get out of intensive care.  His blood counts have been great.  The donor's immune system is now working and helping Richard fight.

Richard is still weak but pushing.   He would like to push right on out those doors and get home.  Maybe this week???

Thanks for the prayers and please send out prayers for two families that lost loved ones yesterday in ICU.

1 comment: