Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Journey Continues, At Home!

For those of you who are my friend on facebook then you might know that I was able to bring Richard home.  We made it home by about 7:30pm Thursday evening, June 16th,  and my very tired husband walked through the front door of our home.  He was jubilant but weaker then he would admit. The next day we made a trip back to Oklahoma City for blood work but we were back home by eleven.  By noon we had the news that counts were still good and to continue meds as directed.

Thursday night, after talking I did find out that Richard knew more about ICU then I thought he did and I will write about that another day.  There is about five days that he doesn't remember but he does know WHO brought him through those days.  We spent time in prayer and thanksgiving to our AWESOME GOD!!

Now he is already saying he is going start pushing to get back to work.  I don't think the DR. will go for it this week and if Richard happens to read this, he will know that I think he is not quite ready just yet!!  I am just the wife though. LOL

God is good all the time and he did grant a wish.  Richard is home for Father's Day and I have the banana pudding made and in the fridge.  I have the chicken cooking to go in the casserole and the ingredients waiting to be put together.

I don't know about my husband but this is one Father's Day that I will never forget!!

Welcome home my precious husband!!!


Deuteronomy 10:21

New International Version (NIV)
21 He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment