Friday, July 15, 2016

What is important?



                                                       




The other day I lost something very important.  I looked everywhere and could not find it.  Now this something was something that in other hands could devastate me.  It was my checkbook.  I spent the morning looking and looking again but that checkbook was not to be found.  I finally went to the bank and spoke with one of the tellers.  I had looked at my account and nothing had been taken out of my account except what I had expected to come out.

The teller advised me that since nothing seemed amiss with the account to wait on two checks to clear that had not cleared.  If at that point in time the checkbook was still missing to come back to talk with them.  I went home and started looking again.  It was later that afternoon that I started going through places I had already looked and found the checkbook.  How had I missed that?  It was right there sticking up out of that box!

How often is God's will right there in front of me but I just can't see it.  Just like the checkbook it can be right in front of my face but I don't recognize it!  I might have prayed and then prayed again but not recognize God's truth!  Maybe because I am looking right past the obvious looking in all the wrong places!  It might not look to others that something is amiss in my life but oh I would know it.  I would feel that something was missing in my life!  I would look and try to figure out what was wrong but until I went to the right source things would still feel wrong.

It's right there the whole time! If I leave God in a box my life would be much different!  I only have to go to my God and ask for forgiveness and then my world feels right again.  God is there the whole time.  He is always waiting for me to reach back to the right place!  He never leaves nor forsakes me!  Without God it would be devastating!

What is important to you?  What is your life without God?

Matthew 18:11-12 (NKJV)

11 For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.[a]
12 “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?



No comments:

Post a Comment