Monday, January 18, 2016

When the Sky is Gray


                                             






This morning I saw the sun peeking through the clouds!  The last few days it has been cold and cloud covered.  Now I don't mind the gray days.  I like cuddling up with my cover and reading a book.  Sometimes I use the days like that to clean.  I know though that there are those that do not like gray days.  They seem to shut down and maybe get a little depressed.  I know though that even though I can't see the sun, it is still there.

It also reminded me that there is a Son that peeks through the clouds and that there are times when I don't see or feel my Savior.  I let the happenings, words and tiredness cloud  the presence of my Lord.  I have to remember that there are times when I won't feel the presence of my Lord but that doesn't mean He is not there.  Those are the days to cuddle up and read the Bible.  Those are the days to clean my heart and rid it of of sin and insecurities.  I know that even though there are times I don't feel the presence of the Lord that He is always there!

What do you do when the sky is gray?  What do you do when your heart is gray?


John 8:12

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world.Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.


Psalm 89:15  

 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
    who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment