Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Journey Continues:Caregivers

Yesterday morning when I got to the hospital I found my husband just a tad upset with the caregiver that had taken care of him during the night.  It seems that if someone is going to be a nurse or an aide then that person should keep their personal opinions  to themselves.  I am thinking that when you are a caregiver you should take an oath to treat everybody the same whether you like them or not.

Now I am not saying that my husband or any other patient is never wrong, or cranky but to the nurse or aide their motto should always be that the patient comes first no matter how many times that they push their call button.  You signed up for this!!  I have also noticed during the eight hours or so that I am with my husband during the day that some of nurses or aides during the time that I am there come to work cranky and they don't leave it at the door when they walk into the hospital.

The night aide called my husband a name as he left the room the night before as he left the room.  My husband also made the comment that he had heard him call another patient a name the night before.  Of course I talked with the head nurse and Richard didn't have this particular aide last night but I hope that that aide was told he needs to treat the patient with dignity and respect!

Okay rant over but I can tell you that there is One who treats us all the same.  It doesn't matter if a person is sick and cranky.  It doesn't matter if it is an opinionated caregiver.  It doesn't matter if that person is beautiful or ugly.  It doesn't matter if a person is rich or poor.  The One that came to die on the cross came so that we might have eternal life and His name is Jesus!

If you are a caregiver having a hard time being nice to patients that you don't like, or  that you think push that call button one to many times, you can leave it at the Saviors feet.  If you are the patient being called names and have cranky caregivers you can leave it at the Saviors feet!  If you are that upset spouse you can leave it at the Saviors feet.  No matter where you are or what your mission in life is you can leave your sin at the Saviors feet!  He doesn't care how many times you push His call button! Jesus is the ultimate Caregiver!

Do you know my Savior?  He is the one that can give you the grace to treat people with dignity and respect!

John 3:16-17New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.



No comments:

Post a Comment