Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Lost Necklace

I have a necklace that my husband gave me about ten years ago for Christmas.  I was very surprised and of course I loved the necklace.   The necklace has a gold chain and a heart with diamonds that lit up my heart the first time I saw it.  It was the perfect gift!

I was very dismayed several months ago when I opened up the necklace box to get my necklace only to find that the necklace was not in the box.  My necklace was gone.  I looked everywhere but could not find it. It apparently was lost.  I felt terrible but life went on.  Every once in a while I would glance at that empty box and fill the loss.  It would renew my resolve to find my necklace.

I finally, after many months of search decided that it was no use and that my necklace was lost forever.  This past Friday night my daughter was getting ready for her winter ball and decided that she needed gold jewelry around her neck.  I went to my room and started going through my jewelry box when something shiny caught my eye.  It was my necklace!!  It was found and it was found in a place that I had already looked for it.  (no my daughter did not get to wear it)   Just like that my world changed, my necklace had been lost but was now found!!  I was thrilled!

Just like that your world can change!  My Savior came to find the lost.  You can be found, even if you are hiding where you think that no one will ever find you, you can be found!  Jesus came just for you and for me! He will light your heart!  He is the perfect gift that you have been waiting for.  He might even find you in a place that He has already looked. Will you be found?  How about today?

Make this the best Christmas ever, let Jesus find you!

Happy Birthday, Jesus!!

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 NKJV

John 3:16-17

New King James Version (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment